Use of our website
You warrant that all information and content supplied by you on our website is true, accurate, current and complete. While you are not required to register in order to use certain parts of our website, non-registered users will not be able write reviews, save shortlisted agents or view their requested valuations. It is your responsibility to update and inform us of any changes to the details you provided on registration.
When registering with our website, you will be required to create a password. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and safeguard your account information, as you will be accountable for all activities conducted using your account. You must contact us immediately if you believe that your account has been accessed without your authorisation.
We are not an estate agency, nor do we affiliate ourselves with or endorse any agent listed on our website. We provide a service which allows users to view details of estate agents in their local area, read reviews written about them by past clients and request valuations with them. We do not participate in any communications or transactions between you and the estate agents listed, and you understand that they are solely responsible for handling valuation requests submitted by you through our website. When you request a valuation through our website your details (including your email address and any other contact information provided by you) are sent directly to the estate agent you are enquiring with and we do not accept any liability for subsequent communications that you receive from that estate agent.
The information provided about individual estate agents on our website is for convenience only. You understand that estate agent details are hosted by us in good faith but are provided directly by estate agents and may not be verified by us. It is your responsibility to make your own enquiries with the estate agent to confirm and satisfy yourself as to the accuracy of these details.
You also understand that the views and opinions contained in reviews published on our website are written by third parties and do not constitute advice or recommendation by us. Furthermore, the views and opinions held by the reviewer may be highly subjective. While we have a duty of care to ensure that all reviews published on our website meet certain standards and are to the best of our knowledge genuine we provide no guarantee and accept no responsibility for their accuracy or authenticity. It is your responsibility for choosing to instruct an estate agent and we make no representations or warranties about the service you will receive.
By using our website, you agree not to:
- (i) use our website or the information it contains for any commercial purpose;
- (ii) use our website in any manner that is illegal, immoral or damaging to us;
- (iii) behave in an offensive or abusive manner whilst using any part of our website;
- (iv) transmit any material which may damage, destroy, limit or otherwise disrupt the functionality of any part of our website;
- (v) hack into or otherwise circumvent the security of our website and systems, or attempt to do so;
- (vi) use any automated program (including, without limitations, any robot, spider or other web crawler) to access, search, display, monitor or copy any part of our website or its contents without our prior written consent and compliance of any robot exclusion headers contained on our website;
- (vii) transmit materials protected by copyright, trademark, intellectual property or any other form of protection as may be granted by law without consent of the owner, or that may be in breach of, or that may encourage the breach of, any law;
- (viii) copy, transmit, reproduce, republish, post, license, redistribute, modify, create derivative works from or sell our website or any information it contains, whether in part or in its entirety, and/or;
- (ix) copy, adapt, modify, disassemble or reverse engineer any software programs used by us in connection with our website, or attempt to do so.
Submitting reviews and other content
By submitting estate agent reviews, questions, comments, suggestions or other content (collectively “submissions”) to our website, you automatically grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable licence to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, display (in whole or in part), publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute these submissions in any type of media in existence or hereafter devised. You acknowledge that we will not pay you any fees and you agree to waive your proprietary rights in respect of any submissions made by you.
- (i) content that is offensive, sexually explicit, illegal or encourages illegal activity, misleading, libellous, defamatory, harassing, threatening, abusive, invasive of privacy, prejudiced, incite hatred, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise deemed inappropriate or objectionable by us;
- (ii) content that is offensive to the online community, for instance content that promotes or incites racism, hatred or any kind of physical harm against any individual or group of individuals;
- (iii) external links, references to third parties or any information that may infringe or violate copyright, trademark, intellectual property or any other proprietary rights of any third party;
- (iv) content which impersonates any third party or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a third party, including MeetMyAgent.co.uk Ltd.
- (v) private information of any third party, including, without limitation, their name, address(es), phone number(s), email address(es), bank account or credit card number(s) and any other personally identifiable information;
- (vi) advertisements for any product, service, promotion, competition, pyramid scheme or other commercial activity;
- (vii) spam or transmission of any kind of “junk mail” or “chain letter”;
- (viii) content that expresses or promotes political, ethical or religious viewpoints;
- (ix) technically harmful materials including, without limitation, viruses, Trojans, worms, corrupted data or any other malicious software, file or code, and/or;
- (x) content that is otherwise unrelated to the area of our website to which the submission is made.
We assume no liability for any submissions made by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage which may result, nor are we liable for any inaccuracies, defamation, libellous statements, omissions, falsehoods or offensive content you may encounter while using our website.
Third parties and external links
We do not charge you to use any of the services provided by us on our website. However, our website contains links to websites which are owned and operated by independent third parties who may offer paid-for products and services. By requesting valuations through our website you also understand that the estate agents you are contacting are deemed to be third parties, and therefore may charge a fee in exchange for their services. We have no control over the products or services offered by third parties, nor any fees charged, and we do not endorse, guarantee or take responsibility for them.
In addition, we do not monitor content contained within external websites, and make no warranties or representations regarding the completeness or accuracy of any information appearing on our website in relation to any linked websites. We provide these links for your convenience only and your decision to access a third party website via a link from our website is at your own risk. Furthermore, information contained on our website may be provided by third parties and we accept no responsibility for any inaccuracies in this material. You agree to hold us harmless in respect of any claims or disputes of any kind arising from or in any way connected to such disputes with third parties.
Our website and its contents are provided on an “as is”, “as available” and “with all faults” basis and without warranties or representations of any kind, either express or implied. While we strive to ensure that our website, its servers and any emails sent by us or our employees are free from viruses or other harmful materials, we make no representations or warranties that this will be the case and accept no liability for any loss or damage which may result.
Any information provided on our website is for convenience and information purposes only and does not constitute advice. We disclaim any liability or responsibility arising from the reliance on such information by you, or by anyone who may have been informed of the contents of our website. We accept no responsibility and make no guarantee that the information provided on our website will be free from faults, errors or omissions and it is solely your responsibility to assess the quality, accuracy, completeness and reliability of any information provided on our website.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our affiliates, officers, employees, directors, shareholders and agents harmless from and against any claims, demands or other costs or expenses of any kind (including, but not limited to, reasonable legal and accounting fees) brought by any third party due to or arising from:
- (i) your use of our website;
- (iii) your infringement of any law or the rights of any third party.
Availability of our website
While we strive to make our website available to you at all times, we cannot guarantee that our website will operate continuously, without interruptions or free from faults. It may occasionally be necessary to make our website unavailable without notice to carry out maintenance or upgrade work. We accept no liability for any interruption to your use of our website and reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue any part of our website, including your access to it, at any time.
Our website and its contents, including, without limitations, design, function, search results, images, custom graphics, text, structure, layout, scripts and the underlying software code are protected by copyright, trademark and/or the intellectual property rights of MeetMyAgent.co.uk Ltd or its licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written consent. MeetMyAgent and our logo are common law trademarks and service marks of MeetMyAgent.co.uk Ltd, and may not be copied or reproduced without our prior written consent. All other trademarks, company names or logos mentioned on our website are the property of their respective owners.
All rights are reserved and you may not reproduce, republish, transmit or distribute the contents of our website, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent. However, we grant you limited licence to access, retrieve, display and print content pages from our website for your own personal, non-commercial use only.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.